Thursday, July 5, 2007

Frugal Friday Tip

First let me say that I have a huge black thumb.......with that said, my Frugal Friday tip is grow your own lettuce. I tried it this summer and can't believe how easy it is! My family has been enjoying tasty salads this summer thanks to my homegrown lettuce. My rabbit, Daffy, has been reaping the benefits, too! I should be able to sow several crops of lettuce this summer. Eventually, our tomatoes will come in and our salads will be even better! Another easy crop is radishes. If I can do this, anyone can! (Seriously, whenever I shop for a new plant, my kids will pretend they're the plants and will speak in little voices saying, "Don't pick me! Don't pick me!")

Click on Biblical Womanhood under my Favorite Blogs and Sites for more Frugal Friday tips!

1 comment:

Charity Grace said...

This is a great tip. I love to grow lettuce. Now I live in a hot climate, so I'm thinking of trying amaranth and Madagascar spinach for hot weather greens.