Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stubbornness

I have been feeling under the weather this weekend since my three men decided to share their germs with me this week. They are all on the same antibiotic! I've been sleeping, taking vitamins and drinking a lot of water and juice to combat the illness. Therefore, I didn't go to church with them today.

I was a good girl and turned off the ridiculous Lifetime movie I was watching and opened my Bible. It fell open to the Psalms, so that's where I began reading. I was reading Psalm 32 when I got to verse 9 which says, "Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you." This verse just stood out to me. It made me think, "What have I been stubborn about lately?"

I know that I still have not gotten over what I wrote about in my September 4th post. I haven't forgiven that person, nor have I asked for forgiveness or truly said I'm sorry. It's still a sore issue with me.

This is kind of silly, but I'm stubbornly clinging to summer! Even though school is in full swing, and I believe football season officially begins today (yippee), I am in denial. I had such a nice, relaxing 3 months, and I don't want to give that up. But I know God wants me to move forward. Verse 8 of Psalm 32 says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." I need to listen to our Father, to not live in the past and to trust Him for a full life despite what season I'm in.

As this week goes on, I will continue to ponder which areas of my life I continue to be stubborn in. I hope each of you will think about this for "...the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him." (Psalm 32:10) We need to discard our stubbornness and trust in Him and in His ways.

7 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Leslie -

I'm right there with you on the season thing. Although I love fall, I know winter is around the corner. Looking at the snow from a cozy house is one thing, but driving in it is quite another.

Hope you and your guys feel better soon.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

I continue to pray for you sweet sister to let go of the issue from last week. Give it up to God in prayer and let Him provide the blessings you need this week. Follow His command and do not be stubborn.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

I can fully relate to this post here today Leslie.

I hope that your household is on the road to a full recovery and I pray that you stay healthy!

Love to you today,

Sue J. said...

I think God led you to just the right place with Psalm 32. He knows where you are and how to help you overcome those things.

I continue to have issues with someone, even after I asked for forgiveness over things and began to pray over my situation. Still, I fall back into the same troubles in my head.

But, this person spoke in presentation the other day and said something that just made me realize God knows I'm still stuck, but this is how to get out of it. Though we are tempted, God makes a way for us to escape that temptation.

Embrace His words, Leslie, and go forward as He is leading.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Hope you all are feeling better soon!

nancygrayce said...

Hey Leslie.....yes, I take antivert (which I can't tell does much) and I took 1/2 of a phenergan for the nausea and that makes me sleep. I usually can sleep off the dizzy spell, which thankfully I did yesterday. The bad thing is you never know when they are going to hit!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Leslie: I have learned that feeling sad about wrong doesn't mean I haven't forgiven a person. It only means I feel sad.
The Lord is there for you, to help you heal and forgive. I will pray for you,
Jen