Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"I Get To" Tuesdays

The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)." However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

Like most of you, I got to "spring" forward this weekend. I also got to get up extra early Sunday morning because I needed to be at church an hour and a half earlier than usual! I ended up taking a nap after dinner Sunday night!

I got to go to the chiropractor unexpectedly yesterday. I had had a headache for three days, so my husband got me an appointment. I hadn't been to the chiropractor since before I was pregnant. It usually feels good, but this time it hurt!! My headache has subsided though. I get to go for a re-check on Friday.

I get to walk five miles today...HA!! I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'm participating in a walking program through my church. I'm supposed to walk five miles a week. Our weeks go Wednesday through Tuesday. Due to my three day headache, I haven't walked even a mile this week, so it's all come down to today!

I've also mentioned before that my oldest son got his permit. I've ended up riding with him a few times, and I know I'll continue to get to do this. Every time I have to ride with him I feel as if my heart is in my throat!! It's not that I feel he's a bad driver; I just don't like not having any control over the car!

Well, that is my "I Get To" list for this week. Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"! Please feel free to post your own "I Get To" list and link up here. I would love to hear how you're being "blessed" this week!


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad your head is feeling better!

The time change is an adjustment, that is for sure!

With Hope,
Cheryl

Sue J. said...

I know what you mean about that time change; it's rough on everybody! I got to watch a movie the night before with my husband that we had been putting off for weeks. Then, had to be at church early to rehearse with the bell ensemble (and we played all 3 services!). I was definitely snoozing in the afternoon.

I got to take my little girl to the doctor yesterday after she had been sick for a few days with various things. Turned out to be an ear infection! Hadn't figured that one. Thankful to have decided it was time to see the doctor, though--as are you! Here's to you both feeling better by week's end....