Saturday, June 30, 2007

Coffee......My Daily Nectar

I began drinking coffee when I was 28. Even though my mom and all her siblings are coffee-holics, I could never get into the brew. Then my husband and I moved to Erie, PA for a short time. We were there for 8 months, and I swear it was an 8 month winter. That's when my coffee addiction started (because I was freezing!). We didn't even own a coffee maker until then. I only drank it black until just a few years ago. Now I like cream but no sugar.

Anyway, I feel as if God has been trying to get my attention regarding my eating habits. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,......You are not your own;......Therefore, honor God with your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20) The other night I was watching a show that I believe is called Natural Living (on Discovery Health). They were talking about Yerba Mate which is a beverage made from the leaves and stems of a rainforest tree. They said it's a good coffee/tea substitution. It's a nutritious, natural stimulant. I went online and ordered some just to try it. The website is guayaki.com. I'll let you all know how I like it once it arrives!

No comments: