Thursday, July 10, 2008

Frugal Friday

One of my co-workers gave me two great ideas recently. She told me that she will buy a bottle of vanilla at Michael's Arts & Crafts store with the 40% or 50% off coupon that appears in their weekly ad. (The coupon is only good for one item, not your entire purchase.) This way she can buy the real stuff instead of the imitation vanilla.

This next one may seem a little premature, but she said she will buy those liquid freeze pops at the end of the summer on sale and then give them out on Halloween (unfrozen). It's cheaper than buying candy, it's something different, and her neighborhood kids loved it!

I've recently sold some books on Cash4Books.net and was wondering if there was anything similar for music cds. I did a web search and came up with CashForCDs.com. In addition to cds, they buy dvds and video games. They have to accept at least six of your items in order to give you a quote. Apparently postage wise it makes more sense if you send at least six items to them in one shipment. I had 3 cds and 4 dvds that they'll take, so I've shipped them off. (They pay the postage.) I should receive $9 in my PayPal account once they receive the items and deem them to be in good condition. It's certainly not a lot of money, but it's something and I'm getting rid of clutter! I just combined my stop at the post office with other errands to save on gas.

Scroll down a little to read my Wednesday's Wealth post!

Frugal Friday is hosted by Crystal at Biblical Womanhood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tips! I love the idea of buying vanilla at Michaels. It is so expensive!
Toni