Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I Get To" Tuesdays

The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)". However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

Last week we got to chaperone our Youth Group's trip to a water park. My husband was driving, and I was planning to read on our way there and back. Well, some extra kids showed up at our church as we were about to leave, so both Eric and I got to drive. No reading for me. However, on the ride there, Sam got to chat with one of his friends who is a year older than he is. Sam was able to get the scoop on 9th grade from this friend!

As you read this, I am camping. I get to be outside and dirty for two days! However, we'll be making family memories. Hopefully the kids will let me take some pictures!

As soon as we return from our camping trip, I get to unpack, do laundry and then repack to go to the beach for a week. Yes, I know, poor me. It will be a hassle but worth it in the end. At least I'll be able to do our laundry down there, so I won't have dirty clothes to wash when we get home!

That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.

Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you guys have a wonderful camping trip and I pray your time at the beach is blessed, too.

HAVE fun and enjoy getting dirty.
Andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

Have a wonderful time in both places, the camping and the beach. What two wonderful memories to make this summer.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Kelly said...

Camping is not this girl's thing. I don't like dirt, bugs or heat. But I'm glad you GET to go! :-)

Bonita said...

What a terrific attitude!

Let's see today I get to...

-do some chores around the house that aren't my favorites, but will bring the reward of a fresh, clean house.

-type some things that I need to send to my publisher instead of procrastinating. It will feel good to mark those off the "to do" list.

-exercise. I'm so thankful that I have a healthy body that is able to exercise even though sometimes I don't "feel" like making it do anything.