Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I've had a request from Julieanne over at From the Beginning for my peanut butter cup recipe. I got this recipe from the February/March 2008 issue of Taste of Home magazine. Here it is:



1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
4 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 oz. bag) semisweet chocolate chips
4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz. each), coarsely chopped (I just got one of the really big Hershey bars)
Colored sprinkles, optional

In small bowl, combine 1/2 peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.

In small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.

Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a small teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yields 3 dozen.

**I had difficulty dropping the chocolate mixture into the paper muffin cups. It just took a long time. I then tried putting some of the mixture in a baggie and snipping the corner of the baggie so that I could just squeeze the chocolate out. This was kind of messy. If anyone has a better way to do this, please let me know!! Thanks Julieanne for requesting the recipe!

I didn't do my "I Get To Tuesday's" post today because I woke up with a migraine this morning, and I had to go back to work after my nice 5 day weekend. I still have a headache. UGH! Praying you all had a better day than I did!! Blessings!

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

I know how much having a headache can interfere with your day, praying for relief for you and hoping that once you get some sleep when you awake that stubborn headache will be gone.

Since I love peanut butter cups, my hands are busy capturing this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it and that you are feeling much better tomorrow.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Oh my I am so excited to make these!! Hopefully tomorrow :) I wonder if the chocolate bar is totally necessary? What do you think?

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!