Monday, December 20, 2010

Are You Ready?

Is your tree up? Is your house decorated yet? Have you finished your Christmas shopping? If so, are all of the gifts wrapped (and mailed if need be)? Don't forget those stocking stuffers! Have you sent your Christmas cards? How about those Christmas cookies...are they baked and decorated? Have you planned and shopped for your Christmas dinner?

Yes, my tree is up and the house is as decorated as it's going to get. (I chose not to put everything out this year so that packing it all up won't be such an ordeal.) I'm done shopping for the hubby & kids but still have to get some things for the dog. (He gets very excited about gifts!) I haven't wrapped anything other than what needed to be mailed. (And that stuff has been sent.) I do have the stocking stuffers! I actually decided to send Christmas cards this year and have mailed some of them thus far. I've made fudge but haven't gotten to the cookies yet, mainly because I've had a cold recently & didn't want to spread my germs. Christmas dinner? Well, I still have 5 whole days to plan and shop for that! It seems as if I'm in pretty good shape, especially considering that I don't have anywhere that I have to be this week and the kids will be in school through Thursday. I still have plenty of time to get ready!

I wonder if Jesus sees how ready I am to celebrate His birthday? In addition to the above mentioned, I've been in church on most Sundays. I attended the Christmas concert since Cooper had to sing with the Youth Choir and Sam was asked to help with the lighting. And hey, I went to the Youth Group Christmas party with my boys where we ate yummy food and played games. Today, my family did one of the readings and lit the Advent candles during the service! Well, okay, Eric actually did the reading and Cooper lit the candles, but I stood up there with them. Yes, I've been in His Word if my Moms In Touch prayer meetings and watching Joyce Meyer count. I've certainly been charitable with some of my money but not my time by participating in Operation Christmas Child and giving to some less fortunate families and troubled teens in our area.

Oh dear. Maybe I need to rethink how ready I am to celebrate our Lord and Savior's birth. What do you think? Are you ready?

All photos from FreeFoto.com

No comments: