Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"I Get To" Tuesdays

The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)." However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

I'm posting this later than usual just because I'm a mom! If you're a mom, you know that your schedule has to revolve around everyone else's day! This week my "I Get To" list includes the following:

I got to take my oldest son to the dentist for a check-up today and pay out of pocket for the appointment...no dental insurance. But at least we're able to pay for this, even if it does hurt the checking account a bit. Plus, he didn't have any cavities!

I get to be a single parent for the next two nights, and Daniel usually is not a happy camper in the evenings. On the flip side, I get to go do something fun with friends on Thursday night! I'm blessed that my hubby is willing to share the child-rearing duties.

We will be "springing" the clocks forward this Saturday night! YAY! On Sunday morning I need to be at church 1 1/2 hours earlier than usual. BOO!

Last night, I got to spend the evening doing our grocery shopping. Ugh...food prices are killing me!! However, I did get some deals like free milk and free oranges! Since CVS is right next door to our grocery store, I went in there first. I actually made $2 buying a bottle of Olay Body Wash! I had a coupon to get the body wash free if I bought an Olay cleanser. Well, I needed cleanser & it was on sale. If you're familiar with CVS's extra bucks, you may have noticed that this week you can earn $2 extra bucks if you buy Olay Body Wash. Even though I had the coupon to get it free, I still technically bought it, so I got the $2 extra bucks too! WOO HOO!! After I went to the grocery store, I went back to CVS and used my $2 extra bucks to buy a 24 pack of water bottles. I only had to pay 44 cents for them! I also made a penny a box on three boxes of tissues due to coupons...go me!

Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"! Please feel free to post your own "I Get To" list and link up here. I would love to hear how you're being "blessed" this week!

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Wow! You did well shopping! I know what you mean about the dentist....we don't have dental insurance either. Going to the dentist is horrible for me anyway and then to have to pay 100% on top! :)

God has richly blessed me so I can't complain!