Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I Get To" Tuesdays

The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)". However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

Yesterday, I got to play the game Life with my two sons. Now, I really didn't feel like playing because I had one of my bad headaches again and was tired. My eyes hurt too much to even read what it said in the little spaces on the board, but the boys helped me out with that. I didn't win the game, but I received quality time with my boys! And they appreciated the fact that I played with them.

I feel like I'm a chauffeur. I get to make 4 or 5 trips a day taking my kids to their friends' houses and then picking them up again. I'm glad they have some good friends though, and they are both really good about calling and checking in with me so that I don't worry about them as much.

I got to go to our church picnic on Sunday, which is something I wanted to do. However, it was hot and humid. During the last hour we were there, I sat and watched as Eric, Sam, Coop and some others played horseshoes. I was hot, getting a headache and had to go to the bathroom but didn't want to use the port-a-potty. Still, it was fun to watch the kids learn how to play horseshoes. Especially Cooper....I was waiting for one to come down and plunk him on the head! I was uncomfortable, but it was still a blessing to be there!

That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own list on your blog, please leave me a comment to let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.

Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Today, you are one of my blessings. I get to blog and I get to visit and be encouraged by others. Thank you for your prayers!
andrea

Nicole said...

Amen! What an amazing thing when our perspective is changed by praise and gratitude! Only He can do this through us, Amen!?!

Praise, blessings and prayers

Nicole

Andrea said...

Leslie,
Please visit my new friend at:

http://betweentwopoles.blogspot.com

I met her via facebook a month or so ago. She is in great need of prayer. Thank you, andrea

Wendy said...

Amen!! I get to walk... I get to cook... I get to spend time with the wonderful children that God has given me... I get to clean my own home, in a beautiful neighborhood... I have my own washer and dryer and I get to do laundry. Praise God for all of the blessings!!

Love this. :-)

Unknown said...

Such a great person! You are a blessing! Be happy and praise God above all!

cash for books