Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today is Thankful Thursday, but I am not home! And for this, I am thankful!

  1. I am thankful because I am at the Greater Philly Christian Writer's Conference! Today I am traveling there and back with Susan Reinhardt. I met Susan through Facebook, and as it turns out, she only lives a short drive south of me! I'm looking forward to meeting Susan in person and to learning a lot at this conference.

  2. I'm going to get to meet some bloggy friends while I'm there! Kelly from Chatty Kelly, Sonya from Truth 4 the Journey and Laurie from Supernatural Living. They are traveling together from Virginia to attend the conference.

  3. I am thankful that I finished my September lesson plans for my 4-year-old class. (Still have to do lesson plans for my 3-year-old class!)

  4. My coworker (and dear friend) met me for lunch yesterday. It was good to catch up! When I was the Director of the preschool, she was my Asst. Director. We were attached at the hip for 2 years! She's still the Asst. Director and technically one of my bosses since I stepped down in order to be in the classroom only, but we still have that connection.

  5. I am thankful that my almost 12-year-old can finally make a grilled cheese sandwich himself!!! I love independence in my children, even if that means they're growing up!

  6. As an added bonus, I was able to get my son's birthday party all arranged and on a date that I'm happy with!

What are you thankful for on this fine day?! Stop on over to Truth 4 the Journey to share your list! Blessings!

5 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I love your thankful heart and hope you are having a blast. Give Laurie a great big hug from me!

Andrea said...

Give Kelly a big hug from me! Hope you have a wonderful time. If you get a chance go to arise 2 write. I have a prayer request and link for a new bloggy friend.
Love and prayers, andrea

Andrea said...

Ooops..tell Sonya Hi, too! She is in my RCWW group, too. I do not know her as well as I do Kelly.

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

I love your list, because it goes hand in hand with so many others participating in Thankful Thursdays!

Praying for you sweet sister, that you have an amazing and blessed time in your conference and that God opened a door for you to attend.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi Leslie,
Enjoy the conference! Well done on your kiddo making that food!
Collette xxx