Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have been out of the blogosphere for so long that I didn't realize Greg over at Greg's General Store is now sponsoring Thankful Thursdays. I am glad someone has picked this up! If you have a Thankful Thursday post, please stop by Greg's blog and join us this week.

I am thankful for my Easter break! I had today off and don't go back until Tuesday. Our kids have the same break. Oh, and that we're having actual spring like weather makes it a double blessing!

Eric doesn't have today off. In fact, he's having a stressful busy day. However, I am thankful that he is taking a little time to go over to the baseball field with Cooper and throw the ball around. (Although Lord, please give me the strength to be nice despite his stressed out mood!)

I am thankful that I'm 1/3 of the way done with my student profiles for my upcoming parent/teacher conferences.

I am grateful for the mom of one of my students who brought her month old daughter up to me this week and said, "I thought you might like to hold a baby."

I am especially grateful that my nephew and his girlfriend decided they will have the baby that they are expecting together. They decided against other alternatives. I'm looking forward to having a great-nephew in July!

By the way, I'd be REALLY thankful if someone stopped by to clean out my rabbit's cage. I'd give you a Reese's Easter egg! Yes, I'm resorting to bribery.

And God, thank you that my pizza dough is rising for tonight's dinner!! (He is even in the small things!) Amen!

4 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Aren't you so glad that Greg has picked this up? I just love him!

Thankful for all your blessings my friend.

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

I am thankful to have you back in the blogging world. Stop by when you have time. I am hosting weekly giveaways on my blog now!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Greg C said...

Oh if only you had said a Cadburry egg. I would do anything for that. Thank you for joining in this week.

Leslie said...

I traded cleaning the rabbit cage for doing the dinner dishes. And since I was busy making my own peanut butter cups, my hubby ended up doing half of the dishes, too!