Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"I Get To" Tuesdays

The thought behind this is to list a few things that could come under the category of "Ugh...I have to (you fill in the blank)." However, I want you to look at these "have to's" as blessings of "I get to". We all take for granted such things as our health, jobs, family, friends, etc. and sometimes don't appreciate them or see them as blessings as we should. So here are a few things for me this week.

I get to wake up each night with an almost 3 month old baby! (But what a blessing he is!)

I get to change diapers and wash baby bottles again today. This routine gets tiring, but it's worth it!

Our oldest son finally got his driver's permit last week, so I get to worry each time my husband takes him out driving. (I'm not ready to do it myself yet!) It's another step toward independence for him!

I get to begin a walking program tomorrow that will officially last 12 weeks. Our church is participating in a Lenten/Easter activity called Walking to Jerusalem, hence the walking. (We're taking it through Mother's Day though.) I'm hoping to lose a pound or two.

Well, that is my "I Get To" list for this week. Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"! Please feel free to post your own "I Get To" list and link up here. I would love to hear how you're being "blessed" this week!

No comments: