Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Want to Hear Some Happy News

This has been a week full of sad news. Everywhere I turn I'm bombarded with the news of someone's death. And no, I'm not referring to Whitney Houston. (Her story is sad but has received more publicity than necessary.)

My friend's friend was killed in a car accident on Valentine's Day. Her dog died also in the wreck. From what I understand, she leaves behind 2 young daughters. Her husband was driving their vehicle and for some reason ran off the highway. Since the accident, her husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, and it was probably what caused him to lose control of the truck.

Yesterday, I heard about a school bus accident while watching our local news. An 11-year-old girl was killed and three other children are in critical condition. Two of those kids are her sisters....they were triplets.

I went for little over a year without blogging. This week I've been trying to catch up with people whom I follow. Tonight I checked in with Gitz only to find that she passed away in September.

Even though I never knew any of these people, I'm heartbroken for them and their families. It has made me count my blessings...both big and small.

Please, someone just give me some happy news!


4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

Well my happy news that you stopped by today and left me a comment. It truly shows that people still read blogs and that what we write counts.

I am sorry for all the bits of bad news that has found it's way to you and hoping God will let you in on the reasons why.

For what it's worth you made my day in stopping by and that's always great news to me.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cheryl said...

The Lord always seems to encourage me just when I need it most. I hope that you have felt His encouragement since you posted this.

Life, here on earth, is not easy and it makes me long for Heaven even more. I pray that God through those difficult trials that those people are going through, draw them closer to God.

I know that I never had as close as a relationship with the Lord, as I have since losing my son Caleb. I would never wish the death of a child on anyone, but I do have a much deeper relationship with Him since it happened.

With love and Hope,
Cheryl

Skoots1moM said...

crocheting is easy to learn from the internet...
many videos on how/what...
this is an intermediate crochet pattern from coats and clark (#LC1327, named Little Bits)...
the stitches are easy, but the counting has to be exact...you make it in two pieces and then slipstitch the two pieces together.

thanks for stopping by...

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, darlin' I'm so sorry you got so many bad news items this week. How sad!

Here is some good news: My book is being published in April; we celebrated our 37th anniversary on Valentine's Day; our country still allows us to worship God freely; we have a home to live in, food to wear, and clothes in the closet; I lost 6 pounds this year; I'm glad you're back to blogging!

And best of all: Jesus is crazy in love with you!