If you read my 200th post on Saturday night, you know what my #1 is for this list today!
- I got to clean up the mess of our overflowing toilet! I used just about every bath and beach towel we had to clean up the floor. Then I had to wash them all so we had clean towels for the morning. And, of course, I had to wash the bathroom floor, too! (This all took place around 8:00 Saturday night.) Thankfully, my hubby was home. I am just not strong enough to plunge the toilet, and it's the only one in the house! Our dining room ceiling only suffered minimal damage and none of our furniture was harmed.
- I get to be a single parent for a few days! Enough said right there. I sure hope the boys don't have math homework that they need help with. At least my husband gets to have some time away to relax and gets to spend time with his brother. (Just please pray for safety....they're fishing.)
- I get to drive my husband's car since he took my jeep. Now his car drives nicely, but there are too many blind spots in it for me. If I have to back up or change lanes, watch out! He left me with a full tank of gas, but as I was driving to work, I noticed that there are messages flashing, such as, "check oil soon" and "wiper fluid is low". Also, I discovered that the turn signals work on the back lights but not on the front lights. At least I have transportation, right?!
- I get to go sit in the cold tonight and watch Cooper's baseball game. Eric is the team's head coach, but since he's away, I definitely have to be there. At least I get to see Coop play. I've missed several of his games this season because I've had to be other places.
- I got to volunteer my time at work this past Saturday. We had a Fall Festival for our students and their families. It was the first time we have tried something like this. It was a success and the kids seemed to have fun. It was nice to have the time to talk with some of the parents, too.
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!
UPDATE: For those of you who thought the conversation between my kids on Sunday was precious, I have another one for you. On Sundays, Eric likes to watch football. That means the kids can't play video games. Well, Coop is our gamer and this kills him. Around 4:00 that afternoon, Sam fell asleep on the floor, and I decided to go upstairs and take a little snooze before dinner. Cooper got this evil smile on his face while looking at Eric, and he said, "Two down, one to go." Yeah, precious, isn't he?!