Praise God that this week has started off better than last week did!! However, I still have my share of "I Get To's"!
- Today, I get to conduct parent/teacher conferences for 2 1/2 hours! For some parents, this can be an emotional meeting. Sadly, I sometimes get to hear about difficult issues concerning their family life. I don't mind this, but I feel badly for the family. This time period can be exhausting, but it is also nice to get to know the parents better. (I'll get to continue with conferences on Thursday.)
- I get to go to my Moms In Touch meeting right after work today. Normally, I wouldn't mind this, but since I lead the group and will be talking all morning as it is, I'm afraid I'll be a bit worn out. I'm praying I'll have the energy to be an encourager to the other ladies in our group.
- We rent our home. On Saturday morning, our landlord called and asked if he could bring a contractor by in a half hour. Not much notice! We got to quickly clean up the house a bit before they arrived. They spent an hour here but never came inside! At least we got some cleaning done, and we're going to get a new front porch, some new windows and a new back door due to their visit!
- On Wednesday, I have a doctor's appointment. I'll get to sit and wait for him forever! He's always running a good half hour to an hour behind schedule! Well, I'll get some quiet reading time in! Plus, perhaps he can figure out what is going on with the skin on my cheeks and around my eyes.
- Since it rained this past Saturday, I'll get to sit through a double header this Saturday for Coop's baseball team! I'm not good at this unless the weather is perfect. Although, I'm lucky I get to do this. When I think back about my older son's first baseball season, I remember that it seemed as if half the parents had cancer or heart problems. It was like the Dooms Day Bears. One of the moms died the following year. I need to appreciate my time spent rooting for my son's team. This Saturday will be the end of the season anyway.
If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, use Mr. Linky below. Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!