I haven't posted my "I Get To" Tuesdays the last two weeks because I've been busy and sick. Thank you for not giving up on me!
- As of yesterday and going through Thursday, I get to be someplace other than home after work. Two doctor's appointments, a dentist appointment, my younger son's parent/teacher conference, a Moms In Touch meeting and choir practice are all keeping me running this week. I'm just thankful that I'm feeling better and should be able to keep all of these appointments. When I was sick last week, it really made me think about how important my health is to me and my family.
- This morning I get to be out the door extra early in order to be over at my son's school by 7:15. He made Honor Roll this marking period, and there is an assembly recognizing the students who made this list. I am so thankful that he will be a part of this and is doing so well in school despite his hearing disability!
- Last week my husband and I got to sit through 90 minutes of conferences with our older son's teachers. He didn't make Honor Roll, but it was good to be able to have one-on-one time with his teachers. Having a child in high school is new to us! All of his teachers told us what a nice kid he is...and quiet, too, which made us laugh! He talks our ears off at home!
- Speaking of talking our ears off....even though Sam drives us nuts with his incessant talking, at least he does still talk to us! He'll be 15 soon, and it's good to hear what is going on in his life. Most teens clam up. Not "Sir Talks a Lot"! We tease him by asking if he has a daily word quota to fill!
- Also last week, we got to participate in a fundraiser for our Youth Group at Friendly's restaurant. I really didn't want to go because I still wasn't feeling 100%, and I think Friendly's is expensive considering the quality of the food. The service was awful, and we had to wait forever. My dinner wasn't that great either. However, we got to spend some quality time with our kids, they got the experience of helping with the fundraiser after we ate, and I didn't have to cook that night! So I guess it was worth it!
If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, use Mr. Linky below. Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!