Tuesday, April 14, 2009

God is Good in the Small Things

I didn't want to do it. Cook dinner tonight that is. I don't enjoying cooking and detest grocery shopping. Fortunately, my husband loves to do both. To his credit, he does a lot of the cooking. He just has a natural talent for it and who am I to stand in his way?!

On Tuesday and Thursday nights, Eric goes with Cooper to baseball practice. To me there is no point in making a big meal on these two nights. But it has been raining all day and practice was cancelled. So I was faced with making dinner.

I went into the kitchen and turned on the radio. I usually listen to contemporary Christian music. I thought maybe this would put me in a better mood about the task ahead. As I was browning the ground beef, I sent up a prayer asking God to help me enjoy what I was doing. The words were no sooner out of my mouth when one of my favorite songs came on the radio....I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me. It happens to be one of the videos I posted earlier today. I couldn't help but smile, and before I knew it, I was singing loudly with one hand lifted in praise while stirring the meat with my other hand!

You just have to love it when God is there for even the small things!

No comments: