Friday, April 3, 2009

Senseless Act

After a wonderful session of a Beth Moore Bible study this afternoon, I was planning to come home and post about it here. I turned on my computer and was immediately hit with the headlines regarding a mass shooting in New York. At first I assumed it was in NYC, then I saw Binghamton, NY......the place I was born and still have family there. I only lived there until the age of 6, but my oldest sister and her family have always lived there and my parents moved back there when my dad retired.

I turned on the TV and saw all the reports and then called my parents. My sister is a substitute teacher in the school district there, but thankfully she wasn't at the high school next door to where the shootings took place. Her husband works at both hospitals in Binghamton, and I know all available personnel was called in to work due to this incident. He may have a very long day today.

Praise God that this incident didn't involve any of my family members. Please be in prayer for the victims and their families, as well as the family of the shooter.

No comments: