Saturday, April 11, 2009

If The Truth Be Told....

Mama wants a llama!


....I'd be Mrs. Old MacDonald who had a farm. Or better yet, maybe I should have been Mrs. Noah! I've never actually lived on a farm, but I would definitely like a bit more property so that we could have a few more dogs, some goats and a llama! My hubby isn't too hot on the llama idea. The picture above is from two years ago when a petting zoo visited my school. Instead of bringing a calf, they brought a llama. I was thrilled and had to pose with it just to drive Eric crazy! I should probably add that on my farm there would not be any snakes or anything slithery. If it's not furry and cute, I don't want it. (Yesterday's Foto Friday got me started on this topic!)

On another note, in case anyone was wondering, I didn't fall down the steps or drop my music during last night's Good Friday service! The service was wonderful. I'm not sure how it's done in other churches, but our Pastor has most of the lights turned off by the end of the service and you're not to talk until you walk out of the church building. The way we recessed out was like we were following pallbearers carrying a casket. (They were really carrying a black cloth.) It was very solemn but very appropriate.

After the service, one of the couples from choir had the choir members and their families over to their house for dessert. It was a fun time of fellowship and of reflecting on the service.

This morning I took the boys over to church for the Easter egg hunt. It is pouring here, so we had to have it inside the church. It was still an enjoyable time. Then I stayed to help decorate for tomorrow's service. It was nice to be decorating for a celebration after such a somber service last night.

After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Mark 16:19

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

Hallelujah He has risen!

No comments: