- As I said in Sunday's post, Eric & I and the other couple we were vacationing with went out on Friday night to celebrate Eric's birthday. Normally, this wouldn't fall under an "I Get To", but I wasn't feeling well. I went to bed the night before at 7:50 and didn't get up until 9 AM the next morning. It took me two more hours to feel kind of okay, and I did pretty well all afternoon. However, I started feeling yucky again right before we went out. Thankfully, we had a lot of fun and I really perked up!
- On Sunday I got to take a very long car ride home from our lovely vacation in a vehicle with no air conditioning!
- On Monday I got to go grocery shopping and unpack. Two things I detest, but at least I can buy groceries and I had a nice vacation.
- Also on Monday, I got to listen to my kids complain as I doled out chores before they could leave the house. It would have been easier to do the chores myself, but hopefully, they'll make good husbands someday!
- While we were gone, our vegetable garden really took off! I got to sweat it out in my kitchen (hottest room in the house) while I washed, cut up and stored some of our fresh, homegrown veggies.
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!
Sam & Coop catchin' some waves!