- I get to go back to my doctor's office again today, this time with the boys in tow. They both need to get shots before school starts. I know this isn't fun for them, but it's not fun for me either. I'll hold their hand if they want me to, but I won't watch! It really does hurt me as much as it hurts them! At least this health care is available to us!
- On Saturday night, I'll get to host our church book club. I am not the best at hospitality and offering my home up to others (the introvert in me). Thankfully, it's a small group this time around, and I don't have to do all the cooking. Usually each person brings a dish. I'll just have to provide the main course. I know hospitality is something that God wants to grow in me, and I'm thankful for this opportunity.
- Since I'm hosting this book discussion, I get to do some cleaning around the house. Yay, my favorite thing! I seriously need to dust, which I hate to do. I'm holding out until Friday to do this. At least my house will be clean!
- On Sunday afternoon, we get to host Cooper's birthday party. Thankfully, we're not having it here at the house. Still, we'll have to keep about 10 boys occupied and calm for a few hours! I know Coop will have a good time with his friends though and that's what matters.
- Oh, I almost forgot this one. This past Sunday night, I got to be the taxi driver for Sam and his friends. He and two other friends were invited to spend the night at another friend's house. It was boiling hot here, and I was drained and sweaty from the heat. Sam needed me to take him and his friends to this other boy's house. So we hopped into our jeep that lacks air conditioning, picked up his friends and drove over. On the way, Sam said to me, "Thank you Mom for playing taxi driver tonight." That made it all worth while!
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!