Friday, August 14, 2009

Since You Asked...

A few of you have inquired about some things I've written about or have on my blog, so I thought I'd devote one post to answering your questions.

First, Andrea at Arise 2 Write, wanted me to post a picture of my baby watermelons. This is the first time we've tried to grow watermelons. I have to say that there's an awful lot of vine for just 3 melons! It has actually spilled over into our herb garden. So here are pictures of my little babies!










Collette at Jesus Loves Mums wants to know more about my Moms In Touch group. Moms In Touch is an international organization. You can join other moms from your child's school in praying for the students and staff at that school. Your group can also do things for the staff, with the principal's permission, such as taking a basket of goodies for them over to the school. The group may not meet on school property or even advertise through the school. For now, my neighbor and I are planning to have our group meet once a month at her house and once a month at another member's house. She and I will be leading the meetings. Each meeting is to be an hour long and purely a time of prayer. We're not to serve refreshments or just chat for that hour. If you go to the Moms In Touch International website, you can check to see if there is a group at your child's school. If there isn't, you may sign-up to start one.

Kat at Heart 2 Heart asked me what book I'm reviewing for Thomas Nelson. I just got my first one and it's a toddler's Bible story book. Since I teach at a Christian preschool, I thought this would be a good choice for me. If it's a good book, I can use it in my classes, and it was free! If you want to learn more about reviewing books for Thomas Nelson, click on the button on my sidebar.
I don't feel as if I've had the time lately to get around to as many of your blogs as I would like to. Please forgive me. Many of you have remained faithful in reading my blog, and I thank you for that! I'll be returning to work soon and am afraid my time will be even more limited. My prayer is that I can continue posting consistently and reading your posts. I have really connected with some of you and have very much enjoyed this journey this summer! Thank you all for the joy and friendship you have brought to me!

6 comments:

momstheword said...

We will start homeschooling again soon so my time will be limited as well! I am not reading or commenting as much as I usually do either.

Kelly said...

Well, I don't have a green thumb, but I am familiar with moms in touch, and I am a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson. I'm on my 4th book now (which unfortunately I don't like). But Fearless by Max Lucado is coming next and I can't wait!

Andrea said...

Thank you~the watermelons look like they are coming along nicely.
Blessings, andrea

Mary Moss said...

Leslie, thanks for sharing this information:-) I so enjoy getting to know my bloggy friends as "true friends."

Andrea and these other women have blessed me indeed and I am glad you have joined the "circle of blessings."

Congrats on the watermelon! We haven't had a real garden the past 3 years, but we did get some tomatoes, squash and peppers which we continue to enjoy:-)

Heart2Heart said...

Leslie,

Thanks for replying to all the question inquiries! I love your baby watermelons! Have you named them yet??

I bet they are going to taste simply delicious once they are harvested. Nothing tastes as wonderful as something grown with you own hands.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Tracy said...

I love watermelons! I wasn't able to have a garden this year!...but next year I am definitely going too!