- If you are a regular reader here, you know that one of our church members committed suicide last week. Our pastor informed everyone that there would be a gathering at our church on Wednesday night if anyone wanted to stop in and just talk and pray. I didn't know the woman who died very well other than we had been in choir together for the past year. However, I felt I needed to go to this gathering and am glad I did. I got to know a little more about her, and I got to pray with members and friends of the church.
- On Saturday, I got to go to the memorial service for this woman. I have been to funerals for older people and for a premature baby, but attending one for someone who has taken her own life was really tough. It was just heartbreaking. This whole tragedy has taught me that even if someone doesn't seem to be that open toward you or friendly, keep persisting because it may be that they just have personal issues that cause them to keep to themselves when what they really need is a friend.
- On Thursday night last week, I had my Parent/Student Orientation Night for my 4-year-old class. I had a headache and was tired that day and didn't really feel like being all smiles that evening. Thankfully, I was able to get a nap in the afternoon, and everything went smoothly that night.
- Tonight I get to do the same thing for my incoming 3-year-old class. This age group can be quite stressful because they tend to cry a lot at first. They are still babies after all! Hopefully, I won't come home with a headache after this evening is over! But I know that as the year progresses, I will be blessed by these little ones.
- My Cooper has been sick all weekend. In fact, he got so dizzy Sunday night that he fell face first to the floor. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt and didn't lose consciousness. Scared me though! Sunday was beautiful here, and I would have loved to have sat on my front porch with a good book, but I felt badly for Coop, so I stayed inside with him. I'm glad I did!
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here. (If anyone can talk me through setting up Mr. Linky, please do! I've done it once, but had a hard time doing it.)
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!