Oops! I'm a little late with this today, so let's get going!
- Part of the reason I'm late today is because it's the last week of the month. This is the week I get to change over my classroom and get things ready for October. Changing over my room means putting up new bulletin boards, decorating with fall items, and getting out some different toys for my shelves. It's time consuming, but my students really do notice the changes and I love their smiles!
- I get to try to put my oldest son on a gluten free diet. He has a lot of allergies, and we feel helping him to make better food choices will help him greatly. My husband is also trying to go gluten free so that Sam isn't alone. Actually, many of the things we've tried so far are pretty tasty! Unfortunately, Sam can be pretty stubborn and moody, so helping him to change his eating habits is not fun for us. We're hoping he'll begin to feel a bit better and realize that what he puts in his mouth does effect how he feels physically.
- I'm still getting to vacuum daily because Otto is still itchy and is shedding. But my kids are helping with this task, so at least they're learning some responsibility and how to do household chores.
- We got to go to church an hour early this week so that our kids could attend Sunday school. We really haven't had them participate in Sunday school since we began attending this church 3 years ago. The only reason for this is because Eric & I don't want to get up early on Sunday! I know...shame on us! Being there an hour early was nice though because we got to chat with our Pastor and other people. We also got some ideas regarding our kids and a monthly allowance!
- I've been getting to wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen a lot more lately. However, this is because Eric has had more time to cook recently! He loves to cook, and I don't so I see this as a blessing!
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!
Thank you, Sandy, for joining me this week! You can read Sandy's "I Get To" list on her blog, Daily Learning as a Special Education Teacher. (I know, I really need to sit down and learn how to do Mr. Linky!)