I didn't post here last Tuesday because I was too busy and I was sick. I'm afraid some weeks I will be just too busy to post my "I Get To" Tuesdays or to join in on Thankful Thursday. So here's my list for this week!
- I didn't get to go to Women of Faith on Saturday. I got to stay home instead. Both my neighbor and I were sick. We realized on Friday night that we were both trying to be brave and suck it up for the other one even though neither of us felt well. We decided it would be best to keep our germs to ourselves and to get some much needed rest.
- We got to have a "do over" birthday party for Cooper on Sunday. We had rented a theater back in August so that Coop & his friends could play X-Box 360 on the big screen. Unfortunately, when we got there, they were having issues with their X-Box. So we rescheduled for this past Sunday. (We only had to pay half price and they gave the kids a free popcorn, drink and candy!) The kids and my hubby had a blast doing this! I just watched for the 2 hours, which wasn't very exciting for me, and it was LOUD!!! At least everyone else had a great time!
- Poor Otto is itchy. He has allergies. We've tried medicated baths, medicine prescribed by the vet and Benedryl. Nothing has really helped all that much. So I decided to change his food. I got to spend $60.50 on a 15 lb. bag of dry dog food! Even though this is an expensive alternative, I'm praying that it works for him because I feel so badly for him. I discovered that the place I ordered it from isn't too far away from where we live. I emailed them and asked if I could just pick up my orders instead of having to pay for the shipping. They said yes! So at least I'll be able to save some money!
- I get to take Sam to the dentist this week. We don't have dental insurance, so I'll be paying out of pocket for his check-up. At least we have the money to do this.
- It's football season. Yippee. I could care less about football. I celebrate Super Bowl Sunday because it's the end of the season. I'll get to see a lot of football on our TV between now and the Super Bowl. However, it provides good bonding time for Eric and the boys. And I think the Eagles are supposed to be good this year!
That's my "I Get To" list for this week. If you decide to post your own "I Get To" list on your blog, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog here.
Remember, try to find the blessings in your "I Have To's" and turn them into "I Get To's"!