Sunday, April 5, 2009

God's Smile

This morning in church the choir had to sing so we were all sitting in the choir loft on the alter. I sit right in the front on the end. (Because I can't stand feeling closed in!) One of our families has a little boy who's not quite 1 yet. All during the service he kept looking at me and smiling. I could see his two little bottom front teeth. At one point, he was holding a palm branch out toward me as if to say, "See what I have?" I just felt like God was smiling at me and saying, "I know how you feel and I understand." He knows that my arms are aching to hold our little one who should have been born next month. This just gave me a lot of comfort today. Praise Him!

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 71:20-21 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Psalm 30:5 Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 22:24 For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Leslie, I am so sorry for your loss, but to see God smiling at you - what a blessing!

May you continue to feel his arms as they hold you, even as your wait.