Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And Another Prayer Request

When I was pregnant last fall, my husband didn't want to tell people prior to our 8 week appointment. I think he feared that due to my age I would most likely lose the baby or there would be something wrong with the baby, and he just didn't want friends and family knowing about the pregnancy until we had that first ultrasound. I wanted to tell everyone because I wanted prayer. I obeyed my husband and only about 3 people knew prior to that appointment, so we had very few people in prayer for our baby. (We never did tell our parents about the pregnancy.)

When I miscarried at 8 weeks, I was rather angry with my husband because I felt he prevented our baby from being surrounded with prayer. Well, I just read on another blog about a woman named Erika who is in need of prayer for her baby. She has lost one baby and things aren't looking good in her current pregnancy. Erika is asking for people to spread the word and to pray for this baby. So I am asking that you include Erika and this little one in your prayers today and to pass this request on to at least one other person. You can find Erika's blog here.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I just don't want to see another family suffer the loss of a child.

4 comments:

On Purpose said...

Thank you for sharing with us this opportunity to pray and see God work!

nancygrayce said...

Praying!

Heart2Heart said...

Thanks for sharing this post and link on your blog. Prayer is a very powerful thing, and even though you just had a few people praying for you, your prayers were heard none the less!

We are still praying for the healing in both of your hearts!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Andrea said...

Praying for Erika. You can also pray for someone close to me in the same situation as you were in. If the ultrasound looks good next friday then they will tell everyone. Please keep my family member in your prayers, too. andrea