Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Golden Heart



Andrea and her furry friend Sitka over at All Gods Creatures have awarded me the Golden Heart Award. I am honored... and excited as this is the first blog award I've ever been given! Andrea is a new bloggy friend of mine. I keep coming across blog friends in Virginia, my old stomping grounds! Andrea has a real heart for God and is an animal lover. All Gods Creatures is Sitka the therapy dog's blog while Arise 2 Write is Andrea's blog.

I now have the difficult task of choosing five other bloggers who exemplify a heart of gold. (Difficult only because there are so many of you!)

I would love to pass this to Kristie who is going to be leading me in a Bible study written for women who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or other infant loss. However, she doesn't have a blog!

So here is my list of 5 bloggers who I think have a Golden Heart.

1. Megan over at The Greatest Blessing. She has suffered much loss in the past year and a half and is working to help others through their own grief by offering them Memory Boxes. Please visit her blog to see what this is all about.

2. Sara at Gitzen Girl. Sara has been dealing with a debilitating disease, yet she continues to blog and chooses to be joyful. Despite her setbacks she strives to give of herself to others.

3. Kelly at Chatty Kelly. Kelly is always offering nuggets of Godly wisdom to her readers and in her comments on my blog. She is supportive, a prayer warrior and quite funny!

4. Nichole over at Living My Life on Purpose. Nichole writes a very inspirational blog and is interested in YOU. She is definitely a prayer warrior.

5. Last but not least, Sheryl at The Perch. Sheryl has had several personal setbacks recently, but she chooses to put her faith in God. She likes to help people and if you need any advice, you can visit Sheryl at her other blog Go Ask Sadie. If you have a prayer request, she's right there.

So that's my 5. It really was hard to choose because so many of you have touched my heart and have offered me support and prayer. I thank all of you whether you were mentioned here or not. I see God in each and every one of you, and I see your Golden Hearts!

5 comments:

Gitz 'n Jo said...

THANK YOU! Your kind words mean even more than the award. :)

Sheryl said...

leslie,

you are so sweet. thank you so much! and congratulations on your first award.

On Purpose said...

Congrats to you for getting this award! Your beautiful heart most definitely deserves and award...and then you go and be all sweet and pass it on to me! You my friend are a special blessing to me! Thank you for your love...as I know it flows from God through you!

Kelly said...

Thank you, thank you! I'd like to thank the academy, the producers, my manager...oh wait. Wrong speech.

:-)

You are SO sweet to think of me, and your words of encouragement bless my heart!

Heart2Heart said...

Woo Hoo! (dancing)! Congratulations on your much deserved award.

Here is hoping that each day brings you the opportunity to continue to bless those that stop by and even stay for an extended visit.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat