Friday, May 29, 2009

Ramblings by Me

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that today is the day I've been waiting for. I'm done with work until August 31! Summer vacation is finally here for me! You might also remember that I declared June 1st as my personal Sit on My Tushy and Do Nothing Day. Well, my plans have been slightly altered. We were supposed to have my younger son's IEP meeting next Friday. However, the meeting has been moved to Monday at 8 AM! So that means I have to get up as usual and be over at his school by then. Bummer! Not that I was planning on sleeping in that day, but I wasn't planning to have to be showered, dressed and out the door so early.

As I'm doing my end of the school year happy dance, I'm looking around my house and thinking, "Yuck! Look at all that dust and clutter." Cleaning up is definitely on my agenda between now and when the boys finish up their school year on the 18th. Yes, I have 18 school days without children for 6 hours a day! Of course, there will be one day spent at my younger son's 5th grade picnic and another day spent volunteering at his school's end of year carnival. Plus, we're taking the boys out of school next Friday to go to a World War II show. Both of our boys, especially our youngest, love anything to do with WWII. There are going to be planes, tanks and different vehicles on display along with a lot of other WWII paraphernalia. Also, there will be many veterans making appearances, including several who were depicted in the show Band of Brothers (which we've watched at least a dozen times!). It will be educational, so I don't feel badly about taking them out of school for it. Hopefully, I'll get lots of pictures that I can post here. We're going to Gettysburg again this summer too.

My dear assistant teacher was so sweet to me today. She gave me a gift as a thank you for helping her through her first year with us! She (we'll call her M.) was only supposed to work for us this year. My former assistant (B.) needed to take this year off because her youngest child was going to kindergarten and the schedules just didn't mesh. B. is coming back in September to resume her position as my assistant in my 4-year-old class. However, due to some staff changes, we were able to offer M. the position as my assistant for my 3-year-old class and as Head Teacher for our 2 1/2-year-old class. M. is so happy, and we're thrilled to have her back again! Here's a picture of what she gave me.
She said she has the same bag and carries her Bible in it. The inside of the bag is pink and it has the following verse in it; "Faith, hope and love ~ but the greatest of these is Love." 1 Corinthians 13:13 I was so surprised by the gift and love it! I can't wait to read the devotional and to use the journal.
We actually have NO plans for this evening. I am thrilled! I think my hubby and I are going to sit on the porch later, have a glass of wine and just enjoy some togetherness. Tomorrow will be filled with baseball...first my younger son's game and then we're going to a minor league game with our church.
I pray that y'all have a blessed, fun-filled weekend!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, sounds like everything si coming up roses at your place! that is exciting (other than the early day on Monday). I hope that appointment goes well.

Enjoy your wine!

Andrea said...

Rest your weary heart dear friend and enjoy your time with your hubby on the porch..and the wine, too.
I added links to your blog on both of mine...in the friendly links section. I spent tonight adding a number of blogs I visit...so others can share the joy I find each day.
Blessings, andrea

Sue J. said...

I just had RJ2's IEP meeting this week. There are advantages and disadvantages to the late-in-the-school-year timing. If I had planned to spend the day in jammies, I would be bummed at having to get up and be to school by 8, too!

You are going to have a great many days ahead. I would struggle with knowing what to start with. Probably why nothing is completed anywhere in my house--LOL!!

You enjoy, and enjoy the time with your boys....how fun!

(P.S. Thanks again for the Bible study plug; hope folks will try it out. It's new to me, too.)

nancygrayce said...

In my book, no plans are the best plans! RELAX! I cleaned my house all day today while outside the gorgeous sun was shining and I wanted to sit on my own tush by the pool.....but alas, the dust calleth! :)