I began reading 1 John 2 and 3 in The Message (it's the New Testament in contemporary language). At the end of chapter 2 it says, "And now, children, stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ." That last sentence just hit me when I read it, and it made me feel both excited and comforted. Live deeply in Christ. Or live your life so that you are submerged in Him. Make sure He is in every detail of your life.
Live deeply in Christ. The word "deeply" makes me think of a body of water. Some bodies of water have an unknown depth. We are to trust Christ and dive right into Him. We won't drown because He is our life guard. He keeps us safe and trains us to teach others how to swim in Him.
*Live Deeply in Christ*
- Be a living water for Christ. (Alive and active in Him.)
- Quench the thirst of those seeking Him. (Guide young Christians and others who are searching.)
- Cleanse their weary and dusty bones. (Clean and heal their physical, mental and spiritual wounds.)
- Refresh them; cool them. (Give them relief and make them feel new again.)
- Drench them with His love. (Love on them no matter what.)
- Splash them with His mercy and rinse them with His grace. (Show them forgiveness and compassion.)
- Wash away their sins. (Help them to see that they are new creations in Christ.)
Amen and amen.