Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just an Update

Except for a kink in my neck, I'm feeling much better. Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. Thanks also to those of you who offered me encouragement regarding signing my teaching contract for next year. It means a lot!

No rings yet! I thought for sure my engagement ring would be fixed and back on my finger by now. I'm hoping I'll have that and my new emerald ring by the end of this week. I'll post a photo of the emerald ring when I get it.

I received a letter today from Paulo, the little boy in Brazil who I sponsor through Compassion International. I get so excited when I receive mail from him! Unfortunately, it takes a long time for our letters to reach each other. The one I got today was written on March 4! Paulo wrote, "I hope you are well because I'm great. I'm so glad to send one more letter to you, and I hope to receive a letter too because I like your letters a lot. I keep them inside of a folder with much affection and care." He signs his letters, "Kisses from Paulo." He will turn 13 in July. I purposely chose a boy that is between the ages of my two sons (14 and 11). I figured that I would always know how to relate to him then. I would love to sponsor at least two more kids; a little girl and then one who God chooses for me. However, finances limit my ability to do this right now. If you're curious about Compassion International, click on the button at the top of my page.

I can feel summer beginning to settle in, and I'm starting to relax. I only have three more teaching days left. It's nice to not feel pressured to be prepared for class or to get lesson plans done. I have a lot I want to do this summer, so I suppose it will fly by! Of course, as I stated before, I'll be starting my summer off with my official "Sit on My Tushy and Do Nothing Day". I get to have at least one day of down time before I begin tackling my household projects!

Time to end this update as a thunder storm is passing through AGAIN! Please Lord, let us have some sun this summer! Blessings to y'all!

No comments: