Saturday, May 9, 2009

Covered in Prayer

For the past few weeks, I've been reading many different blogs and have made several new friends. Although most of you have not directly asked for prayer, I can see by reading your blogs that many of you need some prayer coverage. Yesterday my head was just spinning as I was thinking of everyone who could use a prayer over some area of their life. I decided to write down in a journal names/blog names of those that I feel need some intercession. This way I can keep it all straight. If you need prayer in a specific area, please let me know!

Now for an update on my ring. We got a call yesterday saying our rings were ready. (Eric's wedding band and my engagement ring.) Also, the jeweler had some heart shaped emeralds to show us. We went over and picked out the emerald we liked the best and a setting for it. It's very simple, but like I said before, I'm not into flashy rings. Plus, for what the ring is representing, I wanted it to be understated. It should be ready in about 7 to 10 days. Unfortunately, my engagement ring wasn't ready after all. We were only able to pick up Eric's wedding band. So I have to continue wearing my fake diamond Avon ring so that my finger doesn't feel naked!

Have a beautiful and blessed Saturday!

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

The concerns in the blog world can be overwhelming. I, too, have to write them down! You are so sweet to want to pray for others. I am glad that you're making new connections.

Happy Mother's Day! I know it is bittersweet this year.

Beth Herring said...

I just love people who love prayer! I have a prayer page on my blog. I also keep a spiral of notecards and on each card I write one name. Each day when I pray I go through the cards and call out each name individually. Very powerful and it ministers to ME as well.

I look forward to seeing more of your blog!

Beth

PS I think you are VERY photogenic

Kelly said...

I know you will be pleased to have your emerald ring as a sweet memory of a precious angel who waiting for you.

Thank you for being a prayer warrior! I think that is awesome.

Have a great day! I hope you have a wonderful mother's day with your family, and I hope you are able to focus on the blessings you have, while still remembering your loss. Thinking of you.